Friday 16 September 2011

LSU football's Les Miles: Tigers 'playing to the strengths of the defense'


"I told the team the defense required to come in and play the way they did to have the success that we came to have and they did. I felt like the intensity of the defense would be strong and that really ended up being the tale of the day. I felt like the offense did the things that they required to do. I thought we threw and caught, minus one pass, very well. We had over 200 yards throwing and I felt like we were very perfect. Minus a pick, I felt like we executed very good in the passing game. We were without our punter and we punted it perfectly, but I thought our guy did a good job. All being said, it's a win on the road in the SEC against a quality opponent. I think team Coach Mullen has performed a great job here and I think team had improved the game.
On playing on the road in their SEC opener:
"I think we did the things we needed to do to win. According to my view we throw the football better than we did and I think we have pieces of the offense that are not necessarily visible. At this stage we are kind of playing to the strengths of the defense and getting some first downs and making some plays in the sense that will allow us to run."
On weakness in the defense:
"We're not playing to good; we need some improvementt, intensity and style of play...we're getting there."

No comments:

Post a Comment